Wednesday 4 April 2007

Back to the simple life again

It's been one week since I landed in Barcelona (or so they told us when we touched down) and I still haven't totally get used to it, my spirit is still in New York and probably will be for a while!

Sometimes I wonder if there wasn't some kind of problem during the flight and we accidentally landed in planet Mars or something, that would definately explain why it is impossible to find Elton's new CD release in any shops in this country. I know I keep complaining that it's only another greatest hits, I got it in NY anyway and I'm not sure I want to buy it, but it's not me but the remaining 40 million people living in this country that should get a chance to buy it, right?

Anyway, back to New York for the best...

Our second day in the Big Apple started early, at 6:30 in the morning exactly, which is the time at which we woke up due to jet lag. As our hotel was really close to the Empire State Building and we were ready to walk the streets of Manhattan before 9am, we decided it would be a good idea to walk to the Empire State and go see New York from the observatory before it became too crowded...and so we did!
After that it was time for some more sightseeing, so we just walked East to Grand Central Terminal, were we almost got a glimpse of the filming of a movie (too bad we were late and didn't get to see the actual filming).

The visit to Grand Central Station included the mandatory pictures of the clock and the stairs in the main hall and we then paid some tribute to our beloved Mediterranean food habits by buying an apple (we had to eat an apple while walking in the Big Apple, right?) and walked all the way to the UN building.


On our search for a subway station we even had some time to stop by a shop and buy some fashionably colourful eyewear to Eltonise ourselves (mainly Rod's self).


We then took a subway train (no graffitis to be seen anymore, sorry) to SoHo, were our shopaholic inclinations were tested. I have to say at that point I was so tired and even feeling unwell, which was the only thing that helped me refrain from having a shopping spree!

And that's all for today...more about our second day in New York soon...it was a long looong day! ;-)
Stay tuned!

No comments: